1. Health

This support site has chat rooms for a wide variety of grief situations, including suicide, loss of child, death due to drug abuse and many more topics too numerous to mention here. This is wonderful place to meet with others who truly understand what you're feeling. Highly recommended.
Comments
June 19, 2009 at 5:34 am
(1) Suzy says:

I subscribe to Groww’s NL’s and enjoy them, actually. My father died on July 2, 2007, and after that loss, I didn’t have any parents anymore and that saddened me so much!
My mother died almost 23 years ago, and died when I was a very young woman, 3 weeks before my first wedding and that was so tough to handle, that after everything was said and done, I got extremely sick and was in and out of the hospital from 1987 to 1996! Finally I got a hold of my depression somehow, and started to heal. My father’s death was different but it still involved a wedding! I got married twenty years after my first wedding on March 17, 2007. My father passed away three months after my wedding!!! What is it with my parents passing and my marriages? It’s so weird, but my husband and friends told me to not worry about it.

January 29, 2013 at 12:12 pm
(2) bloosky says:

I was thinking about recommending this to a friend, but was wondering if there is anyone else out there who has had an experience with them? Something more recent, maybe? They sounds pretty good.

March 15, 2013 at 8:08 pm
(3) Barbara Murray says:

I’m sorry, but Groww.org ceased operations on February 28, 2013.

I hope you will be able to find another site to assist you. (There are lots now, fortunately.)

May 27, 2013 at 7:39 pm
(4) Paula says:

I am so sorry to hear that Groww.org has ceased operations. I stumbled across their Grief Recovery chat room after my brother died and found a room full of warm and caring people who helped me to heal. The same people were there for me a year and a half later as I watched my mom pass away. Barbara do you know why they shut down?

July 9, 2013 at 9:31 pm
(5) christa says:

groww was a great place and I am sad to hear it discontinued….it got me through my sons death, and alot of the ppl i met in 13 years ago were just wonderful….im glad i checked it out as my coworker just passed young and was going to suggest it to her mom.

August 4, 2013 at 12:07 pm
(6) chrismk says:

So sorry that GROWW has ceased to exist. It was an excellant site with
the bereaved helping the bereaved through differing types of deaths.
l met many good friends on there over the years, and the site is sadly missed.
It closed down suddenly, this year, when it appeared to have its site hacked by someone using the name “GROW WEED”, I saw that happen
and it has never returned,

October 21, 2013 at 11:45 am
(7) Androula says:

So very sorry GROWW has shut down. I came accross it when in 2005 I suddenly lost my Mama and was desperately looking for a grief site. It was the best there was for me as I found there many people that helped me. Then I continued with the e-mails to heaven. I wish it could re-start soon.

November 29, 2013 at 1:21 am
(8) james says:

It saddens me deeply when a grieving person cannot get good help because others are so disrespectful and inconsiderate as to prey on the wounded. GROWW was the place that was able to help me begin healing after the loss of my mom in 97. Now my cousins are feeling that pain and I can no longer turn anyone to GROWW. Heres hoping GROWW can recover from this horrific ordeal and begin healing broken hearts again.

May 12, 2014 at 5:48 am
(9) Lacey since 2007 says:

I could have really used grow tonight. I know there may be other site with grief chat but, not like this one. This has been my go to since 2007 when I lost my mother. I always look for it when I cant stand the grief. I look in vein tonight. It always helped. ALWAYS! It…. always helped…