Wok hard, help others, set a goal, learn
- Work hard on something worth doing or do something creative. Help others with their work. Set a goal, work towards it. Learn something new everyday.
- —Guest Good Samaritan
Journey to the center of Self
- We must raise ourselves to the level of energy where we Are the light we seek, where we are the happiness we desire, where we are the love we feel is missing, where we are the unlimited abundance we crave. By being it, we attract it to us. By condemning its absence, we ensure that condemnation and discord will continue to flow into our lives. -taken from 'The Power of Intention'- by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- —Guest Jerry H
What strategies stop negative thinking
- I lift my head, look around, see others worse off than myself and then do what I can to help them.
- —Guest Trish
Physical and Lots of Mental exercises!
- When I feel depressed, i start thinking about the positive things that I have in life: a great husband, wonderful job, some very good friends, etc...when this didn't work, I go out and jog or run for a few miles...definitely get my mind working extra hard and there is no room for depression!
- —Guest Tamra Shafer
negative thinking cycle
- consider your self as a being. a source of light and not the body. all negative thoughts are coming from your karmic account to settle this. you need to connect yourself to abondance of positive thinking supreme soul shiva. to reach shiva you need to become thoughtless for one sec. let the negative clouds go ahead and you become a detached observer. you see yourself black because of dark cloud in your spiritual mind. stop connecting yourself to thoughts that are worldly. it will give you sorrow. disconect from this and connect to supreme soul shiva. www.pbks.info
- —Guest jay
Start a coping toolbox
- Go someplace where there are people, view a comody on T.V., GET THIS BOOK-"Peace In Every Step" by Thich Nhat Hanh, let yourself feel the power over losses and worry about dealing with the after affects later, journal all the things that work best for you, and the thing that don'r work as well when you're sad, caught in a negative thought cycle, or completely depressed, because it's important to have a plan of action. Depression and negative thinking can happen to any of us at any time, but especially when under a lot of stress.
- —Guest Tina
- I have been immensely benefitted from the work of byron katie. It can delete depression of years within half an hour. very powerful technique
- —Guest nidhi
do something enjoyable
- i have suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life.The thing I find that helps is do something u enjoy.i will spend time with my horses,spend time in prayer.watch a comedy.visit a NICE friend.take my dog for a walk,.I know that keeping positive hobbies in your life helps build confidence.Try to be around people that build you up not put you down.People also that are non judgemental towards you suffering depression.Also there are depression su[pport groups.I learnt to play the violin and even when i was learning would join groups,even just to watch and learn.
- —Guest peggy
i love humans
- we are here on earth and we are never alone. all of us are got on here and the god had send us..so never forget that no one cares us..he alwayz see us - if u remember him or not. it's 100% tru that anything happen to us is always for good to us. .
- —Guest goodboy
best way to keep ur self away 4m negativ
- be clam... be still n stop thinking process by concentrating on ur breathing n feel ur center of heart... start thinking of life whr thr is no tension u clamli still in goa njoying clam air cuming frm sea... or nite ride during winter with loved once.... start concentrating on the beauty of god.... try ur level best to occupy ur thoughts with positive thoughts dnt think wether things affected u sum day back... jst see n remember hapi moment of life...
- —Guest chandni
Turn on the Music and Dance
- When we listen to the music or a song all our negative thoughts disappear and we first tap legs then nod and actually start enjoying it. We don't wish to stop, we are recharged. (Sometimes just close the windows and the curtains) It works a lot.
- —Guest Manik Kulkarni
Suffer through it
- I have nobody in my life to talk to, so I keep a journal to write down every day how I am feeling. It is easy to see the consistency when I look through all the pages to find the same painful feelings. I would consider the best way to get rid of my negative thinking, would be to remove the cruel people I have to be around. I could only remove my family from my life. But I still live with and have to associate with several people who treat me like an inferior life form to be demeaned and emotionally abused. If I could stop the negative thinking, they would renew it immediately. All I can do is just try to continue to exist until I finally get released from my life of emotional distress. Just keep remaining alive, since that is the right thing to do. It helps to repeatedly remind myself that someday, I will be done and gone. That is the only thing I can tell myself that is the truth. I don't have the talent of magically feeling happy simply by attempting to distract myself.
Breathe.. Pray... Play...
- Kick them off... Believe that you are Unique and none can replace you... whatever scary or negative things come to your mind... Have no fear.. Ask for HIS Blessing and his presence with you... Breathe and Breathe properly.. Drink Plenty of water ( to keep you cool)... Relax... And do what you do to your Best... I certainly agree that excercise or a hobby ( any game or a physical activity) would be of great help...
- —Guest Ram.V
- Replace negative thoughts w/ positive one's, learn how to relax, & make time to workout.... God WILL see u through! Keep hope alive!!!
- —Guest lovelife
turn ur thoughts around
- turn ur thoughts around breathe in deeply thru ur mouth n out ur nose close ur eyes to help relax
- —Guest mindless