The Internet provides an excellent opportunity to develop friendships and find support from others in the online community with similar experiences. The following is a listing of some of the online support groups that are available to the public. You may also want to check out the complete index of online support groups for depression to locate more chats, forums, mailing lists and newsgroups.
- About Depression Message Board - From About. Hosted by your Depression Guide, Nancy Schimelpfening.
- Depression Haven Chat and Forum - Hosted 24 hours a day by volunteer chat hosts.
- Depression Support Communities - Mental Help Net's listing of support communities on the Web.
- Transformations - Contains a forum and chat room. Support for mental health issues, health issues, addiction and recovery.
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
IRC requires a software "client" to connect to the IRC network. Some commonly used clients include IRCLE (for the Mac) and mIRC (for Windows).