Coping with depression Bipolar
- I used to be an introvert in my younger days & have continued to remain an introvert. Used to be a loner. Difficult to make freindships, impossible to keep friendships. Conversations to the barest minimum. Diagnosed with Bipolar in 1993, when 33. Hv been on Lithium since then & lately since 2010, additionally on Carbazine. Over the years, have learnt to cope with rejection, keep myself busy in activities like gardening, manage job without problems. Have a very supportive spouse and kids who accept my ideosyncracies, so live goes on. People- outsiders think I must have blown a fuse or two. I have my mood swings, but these are controlled by Lithium & Tetragyl. Yes, Lithium causes severe tremors at times & occasionally diarhoea as well. The motto is _ KEEP YOURSELF BUSY AT ALL TIMES!!
- I'm so thankful upon reading this...I am not alone. I am currently having this depression since I have this very stressful job. I thought I was good at doing things but then this task has broken me and started to break me. I think of myself as useless and stupid employee unable to deliver the necessary work. Being the eldest child doesn't helped either because I am the bread winner on our family. I am deeply stressed with the demands and the responsibility that I am now having. And I am afraid of not fulfilling my duties. Every failure and mistakes I done I count as wounds on my battered ego. I prayed every night that God would take away this burden but I know that this is for meto get stronger. I just hope I can cope up with this depression to get stronger.
- —Guest Apathetic
Depression, My experience
- My depression started when not committed to superstitutions, like simple as instance, Muslims/Pakistanis are so, indians are better, if not commmitted to them, saying if you are so what I do, may be you are not Muslim/Pakistani, a wrong deeds left with wrong people, then had and have to live with lies, by masters of diets, forcible to speak of them, if not, they speak in my disorder of thoughts, which they start through rigorous dismals, They face their mined in, in every desks and relax with their championship, they are as simple, as total economy and control. The worst depression to me, and is controlled by the faithlessness of Thanks, when they also cum as faithless gods and controls, as do they employ through their controlled economy.
- —Guest Rashid Pervez
- hi. im Allaria and im 14... i suspect im depressed and have recently had thoughts of cutting myself... the one thing that stopped me was my best friend Alex. but lately that hasnt been enough. i feel needlessly guilty about things that i had nothing to do with! and.... im in love with Alex. But he sees me as a friend. which only deepens the sadness and depression i hold with in me... and im scared. i dont know what to do. and im afraid to tell my parents whats going on because they'll send me to a doctor to have me "fixed" as they would put it.
- —Guest Allaria
- i know im depressed.. and it sucks.. i have 6 kids and recieve no support what so ever..not even from dhs... I sometimes feels that i dont want my kids anymore and want to give them away... but i keep little notes everywhere saying that its only the depression talking.
- —Guest kelly
i dont know what to do
- i dont know if i have depression i have alot of the symptoms and i feel like im never happy anymore and people keep yelling at me because they think i have an eating dissorder i dont know who to talk to and say i think i might have depression and i dont really want to tell my parents lately i feel like just giving up because i feel like im gonna explode because theres alot thats bugging me that i havent gotten to talk about
- —Guest dezzy
secret of happiness
- How to deal with depression (other than physiological) and life in general. Everyone has a set of blessings and a set of unhappy things( mistakes, losses, disappointments, failures, bad experiences, dashed hopes,dealt a bad hand in life, etc, doesn't really matter your individual story since everyone has plenty of unhappy things in the past or present and problems to deal with) How happy you are along a happiness/unhappiness gradient depends on how much time and which of these 2 sets of things you focus your attention on. If you wake up happy to be alive, count your blessings and strive to do your best in life and choose to be happy , you will be. If you focus your mind on all the unhappy things you can think up, you will always be depressed. A person can learn to control their mind. If you find yourself starting down athough pathway that you know will lead to misery, refuse to continue down it. For problems, don't make them emotional issues. (I ran out of characters to continue)
- —Guest Dr. Bob
- i have suffered with this darkness in my soul since i was 5 yrs old, i had a mental breakdown when my grandfather died, i was 5 at the time, no one at school liked me and i didnt understand them. All my life i have never wanted to get close to anyone, someone gets to close and i back off, i am sick of my boyfriend and just want him to go, i dont love him and my depression is back with avengence. my life seems to have no meaning, dont want to go out, dont care what i look like, i find joy in nothing anymore but i smile and pretend and i dont want to anymore, my medications are just keeping me from falling off the edge ~ yes my soul feels tired now and has had enough of this world..........
Feeling too far gone for help
- I've been begging my husband to move. He has witnessed by depression and almost 3 complete yrs. of bedrest. I know our children will never be the same because of the harm, we've done to them, primarily me. But I have gotten on my knees, begging and pleading for help, in-house placement, and when I felt I couldn't get him to understand just how sick I was, I tried to take my life 3 times. He promises we'll move, but he's put it off for 5 years, and I'm holding on by a thread. I know he loves, me but he's not in love. He doesn't talk to me, say goodnight, or want to spend time with me, except when he want's his needs fulfilled, and we are great together, but I am so far gone, and I do want a chance with my children, to rebuild some kind of a life, with or without my husband. He has everything, as I am now disaabled, losing my vision, and have chronic nerve damage. I see no purpose in life, as there is just a shell of a woman of who I used to be, and I don't ever see me getting back.
- —Guest what is my worth, Tom
Feeling too far gone for help
- I'm in my late 40's. Blessed w/a great husband. 12 yrs of infertility should have been the only cross we had to bear, but so much more happened. We experienced loss, my being diagnosed w/cancer, radical hysterectomy, wchich caused my hormones to cause me to go crazy. Finally, I learned I wam going blind, and have a chronic nerve condition. The pain is unbearable and requires meds. I stayed strong for 5 yrs, but when I was told I was losing my vision, my world fell apart. Since, I've been in bed for most of 5 yrs. I hate the little town we moved to, which we thought would make life easier. My husband likes it hear, as well as the our 3 miracle children, but I'm lost, alone, and my husband doesn't seem to care, or want to move to help me w/my issues. I've tried to take my life 3 times, as I see no reason to go on, esp. if my husband doesn't care, and my children are wrapped around his love and life. I am highly educated, talented, but what does that mnatter, now.
- —Guest jo
- I'm only a 15 years old girl that's been dealing with depression for the last 3 painful years. I live in a little old town that is just full of fakes and clones. I feel so weird. I hum classical music (mozart, bach, hayden) play piano, paint, write, read, and get great grades. Everyone else are just smokers and drinkers because there's nothing to do in this old ,boring, depressing, full of lies town. They make this place to be like a dream full of good kids and a safe haven but it's all a lie. Unfortunately, my parents believe it all. They don't understand why I'm so sad and I already went to therapy. I really don't want to go back but every where I go it's just so depressing. I cry every week just think of my life and think of ways to waste away or die. I tried committing suicide so many times but I know that'll just hurt some people. Everything seems like it's going fine in my life but I know I'm so disastisfied with being lonely. I even took up smoking weed just to numb the pain.
- —Guest Just Depressed
- I'm 56. Now disabled. Used to be bread winner! NOW what!
- —Guest vacmet
i feel like killing myself
- i am really tired of life and i feel if not for my kids i will be gone i long time ago.i really very sad everyday and i dont want to leave.
- —Guest mary
hang in there!!
- i hate these three words, because it's so hard to 'hang in there'. but that, in my over three years of struggle with severe depression, has always emerged as the only way out. at the risk of sounding cliched, i want to use the anaogy of depression being a tunnel...that we will come out of one day...it's very dark in here, lonely, hopeless and unstable. it's so hard to keep the faith when there is no hope in sight. loved ones are being affected adversely by our condition and they try very hard to help us and yet we feel uncared for by them and complain..leading to more guilt and shame. communication is the key to resolving some of the issues that make us lonely. it's a long, hard and lonely battle. all of us seem to be in different stages of our depression, but for all of us, one thing holds true - there is light at the end of the tunnel and suicide is not the answer.
i miss who i used to be..
- I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm depressed. my father has had depression, my brother, and now I seem to have all the symptoms. I'm physically and mentally exhausted, I can't get out of bed and go to school because school just doesn't seem worth it. About four months ago my boyfriend dumped me out of nowhere. He was my first everything. Not only did i loose my boyfriend, but i also lost a bestfriend. After he broke up with me i started abusing drugs because i wasn't sure how to cope with it. I was okay for awhile but now the depression has gotten worse. After missing almost two weeks of school because i have no motivation to go i might be forced to switch schools entirely. I'm so overwhelmed. I'm not on medication because my dad doesn't want me on them but i really don't see any other option. Is it normal that i'm missing so much school? I sometimes question myself. I'm also not confident at all and find myself easily jealous of friends and others looks. I just can't do this anymore. :(
- —Guest brighteyes