- She doesnt want me anymore after 25 years, but I feel she is depressed..what can I do when she thinks there is nothing wrong>
- —Guest Alan
I don't know what to do
- You sound very depressed and like I used to a few years back. In my unprofessional opinion but speaking from experience, it may not hurt to see a psychiatrist and ask to be put on medication. There is nothing wrong or weak about being in both doc offices, one for advice and one for something to stabilize what depressives have, known as a brain chemical imbalance. I don’t know how old you are but diet, exercise, sunshine, less alcohol, less drugging and more sleep is a good way to start. It’s easy to push those away from us that are close to us but if you feel it coming, tell your man this is what you’re feeling and why. It’s better to explain you know you are vulnerable than to make yourself isolated right now. I hope this helps☺
- First of all, you are not in a lose lose situation but depression will many you feel like you are. You are 18. You need to be 18. If 18 for you means you don’t go to school right now, then you don’t go. Get out into the work field and see if it’s for you. Many find school just isn’t for them and that is OKAY. School is not for everyone. You know you tried it and for now, it just isn’t for you. How do I know this? I graduated from a top ten school in 2009 with honors and I’m about to turn 46. I know if I went to school like most out of high school, I would have a crappy GPA that never goes away. I didn’t want to go to college and given what I know now, I know I made the best decision for me. It also took me 10 years to get my Associates Degree and my Bachelors Degree. The rules for going in 4 years are made for institutions and parents, in my own opinion. Chin up, it’s your life, no one else’s and if you don’t want to go right now, it’s no one else’s business. Do I wish I
- I'm an 18 year old female. I'm a freshman at one of the most esteemed colleges in the U.S. I've always valued knowledge and taken the AP courses with all A's. Now I am severely numb. I don't want to get up or go to sleep. I'm sick and tired of going to school. I hate it and want to drop out but I don't know why. The classes are simple. However, if I drop out then I'll be disappointed at myself in life because if someone asks me, "did u go to college" I'll feel like ghetto trash even though it was my choice. If I continue to go to school, I will continue to feel depressed and no longer wanting to live. If I drop out of school, I'll be unhappy throughout life because of the expectations of others. What do you do when you're in a lose-lose situation?
- —Guest Heath
Depression Hits So Many
- I've read a lot of these and it hurts me to the core to hear so many sad stations in life. I paint when I'm down and if I can't find the energy to do that, I try to focus on the positive. But let's face it, sometimes just thinking is a downer. I send all of you love and light and I hope you have better days in the future. I don't want to write to you about my things because well, it appears everyone wants help and no one has offered what I see as help. I have no way of knowing what the date is on these either. I want to write to each of you that I can contribute comfort but I can't at this time. I will think of something though. All of you are special and I sincerely mean that. Without getting sappy, I want all of you to know my heart goes out to you. You are not alone and you are loved. Breathe deeply. You are not alone. Yes, you are loved.
I dont know what to do
- My mum has had depression ever since i was born and now i have been diagnosed with it, i thought i was coping as i dont need anti depressants however i have started to lash out and treat the people closest to me in such a terrible way. I think thats just my way of pushing them all away because i dont want them to have to deal with me but im worried that because of this i will loose all my friends and my boyfriend. My family dont understand and just say im been stupid and silly but i just want to scream and tell them that all i need is for them to care but they dont. My boyfriend has really helped me but recently he is the one im treating the worst and i just dont know how to stop. I guess that i will just have to try and get more help from the doctor but at the moment is just seems hopeless.
- —Guest GuestL
it is ruining my life
- kind of lost it last night. saw dr today and admitted am struggling...but now none of my friends want to be around me cause I freaked them all out.
- —Guest erk
- i have undergone an affecting past experience that s makes me feeling sad and deserted in this world i love someone who left me without any clear reason he promised me all the time i was with him that he will be my man but after he get rid of me he said to me goodbye and good luck i feel guilty blaming myself all the time for what i did i used to do sex with him since he was always convincing me to do that since he told me we werent doing something wrong since we would get married soon i was with him for 7years never to give chance to someone else i was faithful but now i get notying i am really in need of help i am deseperate no one can understand me i feel i am betrayed i tried to call him but he is cruel never to answer me i am shocked i cant love someone else i cant i cant take new steps i feel i am enslaved by the past i even lose self confidence why he did that for me because i was always faithful and nice that why he exploit me in this way i am sad and depressed i want help to
- —Guest soha
31 years depressed
- My story might be a bit different than some of yours. I have been suffering with this condition since i can remember, even as a 5 year old child my teachers would ask my parents why I was so sad all the time. My upbringing was quite hard to cope with, my father was quite violent (verbally) and my mother pretty much raised me by herself while suffering from clinical depression and episodes of schizophrenia. Mental illness runs heavy in her family...her mother had a serious case of hypochondria. One of her sisters was house bound her entire life only to end up in a nursing home after my grandmother died. Her other siblings suffered from depression as well. My entire life i've denied having this condition as I thought i could fight it on my own and became a great actor often hiding my condition. I am a broken soul, can't find happiness in anything. I run away from problems, abandon friends, and hurt those that love me the most. Please get help early in life!!! don't wait till 31
- —Guest joe
IM REALLY DOWN ......
- Im so depressed, I cant even get up and go to school. I feel enbarresed to go because im in my wrong grade and im still not getting the work right thinlking about a whole lot of stuff and i just wish it could all go away at once but iI have to work so hard at pushing these problems away...
- —Guest Dalvin Reynolds
Wow, can I relate...
- Wow, can I relate to many of the experiences listed here. I got to the point that I just didn't want to have to awake every day, over and over, and go through the grind. Life was empty, and not getting better. Was feeling like biblical Job with all the disasters in my life. And, I felt like I'd been so empty and dead inside already for too long, that I wasn't alive anyways- why not kill the body, since the spirit was already gone. I am grateful that a few people stepped in and stopped me. Things HAVE GOTTEN WORSE, or stayed the same, but I'm making a commitment to give this a shot for a while longer. Please- don't isolate. Tell someone. I know I don't think you're crazy to consider suicide. It takes a strong person to take that much permanent control of the situation, to make a decision. But, it is permanent. Consider that deeply. If you're feeling empty and alone, ask yourself if you're reaching out to others. If they're not reaching back- FIND SOMEONE ELSE! Stop berating yourself.
- Reading all these stories of the effects of depression are so sad! I am 42 and I dont remember being happy since I was about 15. I still have hope (I dont know why). I continue to believe that God did not put me here for this. There is something I am missing. I want to die but I am afraid to. If I did not have my 5 kids I probably would have taken my life years ago. My last one is 14 and I am scared to death of him growing up and moving out. Will I do it then? I am glad I came here and read the stories, at least I know I am not the only one! I wish I was though, because I would not wish the way I feel on even my worst enemies. Good luck to you all reading this. I hope for the best for us all. Maybe one day things will change.
- —Guest Anonymous
- I can't take this anymore. I used to be so intelligent charming a catch they used to say. I can no longer take care of myself or hold a job. How did I get here? I want to go back and do things different. Help me. I feel so alone. My sister is the only one I can talk to but I fear I'm causing her to spiral now. Not fair. She has kids. I have no one. She deserves happiness. I guess I don't. Help me. Anyone. Please.
- —Guest rd
take a breath of relief
- um not satisfied and um no longer happy ..i think the end is coming soon , in other words it's already started inside me .. um not feeling the same feeling that i lived for before & um trying to convince my self that um doing what i want but this in untrue um not doing any thing !!!...um...marionette.
- —Guest Nothing
I feel it too.
- I'm 21 yrs old. Every day feels like a struggle. Getting to sleep, Getting out of bed, doing chores, homework, SOCIALIZING. Every aspect of my life has been affected by my depression. I am in alot of debt from hospital bills because of past suicide thoughts and attempts. I have made alot of mistakes in my life and cant seem to forgive my self. I dont like anything about myself, and worry constantly that I am boring or dull. I never feel comfortable around people, not my family, or "friends". Dont know if I even have any real friends. I worry about my future constantly, and dont see things ever getting better. Ive recenlty started Yoga and Meditative practices. Hopefully they bring me some peace of mind and quiet the horrible thoughts that are always racing through my head. Id like to be more confident in my desicions, and know that I am doing whats best for myself.
- —Guest another depressed soul